Nimble Benefit Ride for YWCA Sonoma County and Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
August 22, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
Yes, that's right....we are bringing back the "Break The Cycle" Ride! This is a fun, fun, fundraiser to help the YWCA Sonoma County in their efforts in empowering victims of domestic abuse and racism. It also helps raise funds for the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition (SCBC), which tirelessly works to encourage cycling in the county.
Online registration for this event is now closed. You can register the morning of the event for $35 for the Family Routes and $110 for the longer routes.
The rides all start and finish in Julliard Park, Santa Rosa. Several courses to choose from, all include lunch and a super-cool cotton tee shirt.
- Family Course (14 miles) $35: Ride along the Joe Rodota Trail to West County Revolution. Take your time and enjoy the scenery. No matter what your riding level or bicycle type, this route is fun for all.
- NEW! Extended Family Course (21 miles) $35: Add on to the Family Course on the West County Trail make it 21 miles. Turn at the turnaround sign and get refreshed once more at the West County Revolution stop before heading back to the finish festivities.
- NEW! Short/Hilly Course, just a Touch of Sonoma Mountain Rd (20 miles) $110: Ride through Bennett Valley, up Sonoma Mountain Rd., then right on Pressley to Roberts for a quick downhill to Petaluma Hill Rd. and back to the finish.
- Medium Course, the Sonoma Summit (35 miles)$110: Ride through beautiful Bennett Valley to Glen Ellen on Sonoma Mountain Road. Enough climb to keep you interested and amazing views, too! If you're planning to ride the Levi's Medio Fondo Ride, this is a perfect course for you to plan to ride by late August.
- Challenge Course, the Trinity Triumph (55 miles)$110: Cavedale to Trinity - great climbing rewards you with spectacular views and technically challenging riding. If you're planning to ride the Levi's Gran Fondo, this course has your name on it.
Download route slips here.
- 6:30-7:15 a.m. Challenge Ride "Trinity Triumph"
- 7:15-8:00 a.m. Medium Ride "Sonoma Summit" and Short "Touch of Sonoma" ride
- 8:15 - 9:00 a.m. Family Rides
The festival after the ride in Julliard Park will be extra special because the SCBC will stage the Northern California Bicycle Expo, including a Bicycle Swap, live music and entertainment from10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. To reserve a booth at the Expo, please contact Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition.
Training Programs Jill offers for this event…